LAWS AND OBLIGATIONS OF PURIM
RABBINATE OF MARBELLA B’H
1) In remembrance of the Mahasit HaShekel mentioned in the perashah “Ki Tisha”, the custom was established to make a special donation for each male member of the family.
The amount stipulated for this concept “Zecher LeMahasit HaShekel”, is FIVE EUROS 5 €, per member.
2) – All adults, males over the age of 13 and females over the age of 12, are obliged to fast on Thursday 25th February.
Ta’anit begins at 06:34 and ends at 19:37. It should be noted that it is forbidden to eat until the Megillah has been read.
As with all minor fasts, people in a delicate state of health, breastfeeding mothers, etc., are exempt from observing the fast. ….
3) Listening to the Megillah is an obligation of strict observance, both on the night of the eve (Thursday night) and on Friday morning, PURIM.
4) The obligation of Matanot LaEbionim consists of making two donations (at least) to two charitable entities, such as the Community Fund, Hebrá Kadishá, Kupá Sedaká, etc……
This donation is voluntary as far as the amount is concerned, since it depends, as the weekly perashah says, on the heart or will of the donor.
According to the laws of Sedakah, we must first assist those in need in our Community or in our City and then those in other nearby towns. עניייך קודם ענייי עיר אחרת
5) – Send (minimum) two edible gifts to two different family members and/or friends.
6).- The festive Purim Seudah, should be celebrated at noon on Friday, in order to receive the first
Shabbat (Friday night) meal, as it is obligatory.
7) It is against the Torah for a man to disguise himself as a woman and vice versa, i.e. for a woman to wear men’s clothing.
“Just as Hashem changed the fate of the Jewish people at that time, may Hashem change the fate of the Jewish people at that time, may Hashem change these times and eliminate this pandemic for good.
PURIM SAMEACH * פוריס שמח